Friday, October 16, 2015

Fighting Your Passion

Well I have not posted for a long long time and realized today while working on a project how much I missed it so my speech bubbles (or think bubbles) were going crazy while painting.  SO here we are, giving it a try again.  I have decided I need to journal or blog as my head thinks of so much while I am busy being a crazy paint lady (have you seen all those cool tshirts..that's me...I paint to keep the crazy away.)

I have two major passions in my life: kids (or students) and creativity with furniture. 

It is quite a combo and sometimes I have an inner war on where my journey and heart is taking me.  As I was thinking about this today it made me think of embracing.  I have been thinking a lot about this subject as our oldest daughter who is 18 has battled with this as well.  She has had the opportunity to be exposed to much more than many her age and also is quite mature for her age.  She was able to live in another community for a while and was so embraced by all her friends, classmates, teachers, and community and where she has had her roots since she was 1 and currently lives is such a battle to feel embraced, I am not sure she has ever felt accepted or embraced the same. 

Thinking about this has made me think about embracing all god has given us as individuals and sometimes I think I try to fight my creativity because I am nervous that it won't work.  I have found out that the older I have gotten or maybe the wiser I have gotten...that I love to spend time by myself with just my kids and this is what makes my heart whole.  I feel the most inner peace when I am at the ranch, hanging out, cleaning up and picking up here and there, while doing some furniture projects, AND being able to love on or visit with my kids in between all of this.  Going on bike rides in the middle of the day with your child is what life is all about! 

So anywho...I will try to post more about life, junking, kids, trying to be a good wife, housekeeper (notice I said trying...as I think we all struggle with that) teaching, being a business owner, passion, cooking and oh so much more! 


 Feel free to stop in and visit or just read

Painting and Creating in my boots.
Kristen
Ranch Chic Corral

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com