Friday, October 30, 2015

DIY Snowflake Sign

Snowflakes...yes, the first ones fell the other day so it inspired me to make this...ooh so simple snowflake sign. 

First, I was inspired by some felt/wool place mats or sometimes they are a rubber type of material...yes, the kind that you can get at your local Dollar Store for about a dollar or two.  (I always think, wow....what an inexpensive stencil.)



Next, I had a left over piece of wood from a project I had been working on so I sanded it down.  Pallet wood put together would look great too.


I laid the snowflake on the board. 

Next I used the Valspar White Spray Paint to spray over the entire board and snowflake.  I did this in about three different coats, but randomly so it covered but yet didn't get runny.

Lastly, I took the Glitter Blast (which you can get at your local hobby and crafts store).  I shook it up good and sprayed over the top again.  I continued to spray in short spurts until I was satisfied.  I made sure to do the edges extra. 

AND...I took the placemat off and there was my finished product.  Now hang a wall hook on the back.  Maybe add a little saying on it, or just leave it as is.  I coated my with Valspar Matted Clear Coat to help keep the Glitter Blast from getting everywhere.

I am working on some more with different shapes, painting the backgrounds first, and different colored glitter blast! 

Hope you enjoyed this little DIY from Ranch Chic Corral!
Kristen
Just Painting and Creating in my boots!

Visit us on facebook and pinterest to find some inspiration.

https://www.facebook.com/ranchchiccorral/


https://www.pinterest.com/ranchchiccorral/

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com