Friday, May 3, 2013

Nor Furniture but Family Fun

Well, this post has a LITTLE to do with furniture but not much.  I just thought it would be fun to share some pictures from our Day 1 branding.  Tomorrow will be Day 2 of the 1st weekend and next weekend we will be at it again!
Anyways, we got up in the morning and I started cooking at 6:20 and had some coffee here and there, got everyone up and fed.  The 3 oldest and Brady headed out to get the horses to gather up the first group to be branded!  While they did this Burke and I made corn salad and barbques.
Here are some pictures of them bringing them into the corral to wait before they headed out to get the second group!






 These next pictures is my youngest and as we were walking down to the alleyway, he started to figure out that there were cows coming into the pen we were walking by.






Once this group was in, they all headed south to gather up a different group so my youngest and I loaded up in the pick up and headed down through the oats field to try and get some more pictures...and boy did we get some good ones!
Ducks hanging out on the river.

Some views from where we are blessed to live!  Isn't it gorgeous??










Once everything got in the corral, I had to go on a "beverage" run over to the little store where we get our mail about 4 miles away and then get back to cooking!  I finished off the meal with hard boiled egg noodle salad, blueberry cobbler, cherry cobbler, homemade whipped topping, boiled smashed rosemary broiled potatoes, watermelon, and barbequed baked beans to add to the already made corn salad and barbeque sandwiches!  YUM YUM!  I think I cooked for 4 hours straight!  
I got the back deck all set up with tables and chairs for everyone and once we ate, the kids jumped on the trampoline before we headed back out to finish up!  Hope you enjoy the rest of the pictures!  LOVE BRANDING...nothing like it.  Now that we are done with Day 1 of weekend 1, we will begin all over tomorrow with Day 2 and then next weekend again!  Lots of good food, memories, laughter, and hard work!  Gotta love ranching.














Now onto tomorrow....where I do have a post for furniture as I will be setting up my display area in a shop in town!  Wish me luck!!  ALSO I am so excited to get started on getting our little red shed redone so I have a place to work on projects (I have alot to do, and some custom orders I need to get to!)!!
Here is a picture of the little red shed cleaned out..........look at all that work.....




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com