For the LOVE of These!
Monday, March 28, 2016
Baby calves, kids, projects and more projects!Good Monday..Easter Monday Morning! Spring is arriving at the Ham Ranch..which means babies. Lots and lots of new babies! We were blessed with great friends and beautiful weather on the day we celebrated that He is Risen! Thanks be to god.
This time of year also means an itching to get projects done now that, for the most part, winter is coming to an end (however here in South Dakota we will have another good snow storm in April or May I am sure of it).
With a graduate upon us, it seems we will be having more projects on the list than usual. We are hosting a "celebration" at our ranch in less than 2 months, which seems crazy as I remember when this girl was just little!
I have been wanting to blog more as it is just fun to let other people see our lifestyle. I should blog more during heifer calving season (but it is slightly stressful) and I am very much a single mom during those times but seeing the mommas with their new babies is so worth it..however not seeing my husband much as he is never in the house and sleeps in a little house in the barn, is not fun. I think being a ranch wife during calving is one of the most challenging things I have ever done in my life...each year it challenges us.
My husband is VERY good at what he does and our cows are blessed to have him as their caretaker.
So, here are some of the many projects I am working on and am going to try to journal my way through them. I would love for you to join me if you would like...or just get some DIY inspiration of your own.
1. New Deck across the front of our entire home..yes entire.
2. Cleaning out our white quonset for a barn dance celebration for graduation and preparing everything to go with it!
3. Preparing my garden for the spring. I am going to go to raised beds to try and weed out some pesty weeds this season!
4. Revamping an old Belle camper (my husband after 6 months has figured I purchased it and thinks I am crazy.)
5. Remodeling projects in the house (sliding barn doors for closet doors in my boys room).
6. I have been a part of a business in our community that is closing so I will be moving my products and furniture into a new space!
7. Babies, and more babies, and branding and more brandings.
Gotta love our crazy life!
I will try to blog each day how the process is going...come along and join me!
Ranch Chic Corral
Find me on Facebook and Instagram...RanchChicCorral
Posted by Ranch Chic at 7:04 AM